OBS studio is one of the best software for streaming audio and video content. The software is also a great addition to your setup if you’re on the lookout for free screen recorders for computers. So what are the OBS system requirements to be able to run it on your computer without the glitches and the delays that come with using software on a computer it’s not suited to run with?
OBS Studio System Requirement
Machine: The OBS studio is compatible with computers running Windows, Linux, and Mac. From experience, we think running the latest versions of these operating systems will be giving you better operation and better support from the company.
Processor: You will need at least Intel Core i5 or AMD FX series. You’d be better served by a dual-core, 4-core processor, or anything higher. You’d also need a DirectX 10 capable graphics card. We tried using a computer with Intel Core i3, and while the performance wasn’t as cool as what we got on an Intel Core i5 machine, we were able to handle most operations and tasks with ease.
RAM: We would recommend that your computer have a minimum of 4GB RAM to run this software. While we recommend 4GB for smooth operations, we have been able to run it on a 2GB RAM machine, so that should also work. The only difference was that we got better, faster, and smoother operation of the software with a 4GB RAM machine.
Read also: Best Free Screen Recorders for Windows 10
OBS Studio Review and Download
What are some features that have made OBS Studio one of the best audio-video tools you have on the market for YouTube, Facebook, and YouTube video making?
- One of the best features of this software is the Modular ‘Dock’ UI. This feature allows you to rearrange the layout of the software just the way you want it. This customization makes the software personalized to your unique work demands.
- The audio and video mixing is one of the highest performing ones we can think of. You’re able to create scenes from multiple sources, including stock images and videos, windows screen captures, text, images, webcam captures, and many more.
- With OBS Studio, you’re also able to preset many scenes, and you’d be able to switch seamlessly between the scenes using the custom transitions feature.
- The audio mixer also comes with different filters, filters that are great if you plan to record podcasts. You’d be able to use features like Noise Gate, Noise Suppression, and Noise Gain.
- The settings panel is also one of the most comprehensive, yet easy ones I have used. You can tweak different aspects of your broadcast and recordings as you see fit.
Read also: Adobe Premiere Rush Android Requirements